Monday, June 14, 2010

Using the Flip

Today my class viewed Room 16's blog. They were very impressed with the video footage- explanations, haka, jump jam...

Then "Why can't we do that?!" So I asked the children, what are they proud of this term and what did they enjoy doing this term that they would like to share.

Check out 6gigs.blogspot.com to see what we have come up with.

One downfall has to be the loading time it takes when uploading video footage. They are only short clips and I think they are small 23-100ish mb.

Is there something that I need to be doing to speed this up?

Just incase you're not counting... only 13 School days to go and that's without taking out release days, sports exchanges, zero waste, etc. and we have soooooo much work left to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi mate

    you guys are doing some amazing stuff! My kids are so excited by your class blog they are constantly on my case to try what you guys are doing.

    The flips are HD which means they are the best out at the moment. But it also means they take up tonnes of space.

    I shrink it down using i-movie by putting it in there then sharing/exporting it out as a web suitable file. Plus you can put on some nice little titles and music etc.

    Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam I have changed the size of the footage using imovie and it uploaded quickly. The children will be happy to see that clip finally up.

    ReplyDelete